Saturday 17 March 2018

Opening Presents and Parcels

Its my birthday today. So this morning I was happy to receive a couple of books as presents which had been bought on ebay.


Both books are in good condition and the Waterloo Companion looks as new.

I am pleased with both books and Prussian army book will come in handy as I have a number of units that are jostling to get on the painting table.

Earlier in the week I had been  chatting with John C and mentioned that I was short of Hinton Hunt French and British Cavalry. John said he would get something sorted and in the post for the weekend.


Last night I got home to find a rather large parcel awaiting for me. Inside there were masses of cavalry, Command figures including much needed French standard bearers and drummers as well as British RHA and Prussian artillery.  

Here are a couple if photos. The first is of French Heavies (Carabinier, Dragoons and then 2 different Cuirassier types)


The second are all French Guard. (Empress Dragoons, Grenadiers a Cheval and Guard Lancers with separate arm).

My Lead pile is now officially a mountain.


Not a bad start to my Birthday Weekend.

14 comments:

mojoworking said...

Happy birthday Mark, what cracking presents!
Cheers
Dave

lewisgunner said...

The Waterloo book is excellent and the Almark book is really good on the Prussian army....though the cartoony drawings are a bit...strange.
Well done, a great birthday.

Stryker said...

A box of Hinton Hunt on your birthday - nothing really comes close. Happy Birthday!

Aly Morrison said...

Happy birthday...you lucky man.
I am jealous... I wish my toys would arrive... ;-/

All the best. Aly

Colin Ashton said...

Happy Birthday Mark you old codger 😜

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Many Happy Returns , that Waterloo book is ace !

Wellington Man said...

Well done, Mark, and Happy Birthday!
WM

Mark Dudley said...

Thanks Dave. I no longer have a shortage of Cavalry.

Mark Dudley said...

The line drawings are rather odd. It must have been a 70s thing.

Mark Dudley said...

I felt like a kid opening up the little plastic bags to see what they contained.

Mark Dudley said...

Hopefully you will get some soon.

Mark Dudley said...

I was old coldger before my birthday. Now I am just an older, and dare I say it, a grumpier codger.

Mark Dudley said...

I am going to enjoy both books. The Waterloo one does look good.

Mark Dudley said...

Thanks. I had good day. I have now have enough figures to do 14 new cavalry regiments. That will keep me busy for a while.