Saturday 25 November 2017

Battleground Show

Today I travelled a few miles up North to go to the Battleground show. Its been a couple years since I visited this show. I had a good day out and my son Max was able to play a couple of 'boutigue' participation games.

He particularly enjoyed playing something called Wild West Exodus. He bought a box a figures and has stuck one together. He wants to paint it tomorrow.

We arrived at opening time and within a few minutes I had bought a nice selection of classic Napoleonic books as well a copy of Dettingen from a bookseller for £3 each.


At the table top sale I had hoped to find an Airfix La Haye Sainte and whilst I did not find one I did get these 3 Airfix kits for £7.


I explained to the sellar I was going to use them with my Hinton Hunts.  He replied that there were a couple in his group who also collected Hintons.

I wondered over to the Lancaster Cellarman game to find out more.  Their game was in classic style using Spencer Smith figures.



I had a good chat with the group who meet up every so often in Lancaster and it transpires that one member has 2000 original Hintons and another has 1000  figures.  I hope to be able to join in one of thier games in the future.

A good day out.

6 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Loving them Spencer Smith's !

Jonathan Freitag said...

You picked up some good looking books.

Der Alte Fritz said...

Nice treasure hunting!

I like those Spencer Smith pictures.

Carlo said...

Sorry me wonderful pick ups there.

tradgardmastare said...

Lovely purchases made and good contacts too. Glad you both had a good day out.

Graham C said...

Glad you both had a good day.
Good to,have a quick chat as well