Sunday 10 September 2017

Renovated British Fusiliers


Before my summer holiday I picked up 32 original Hinton Hunt British Fusiliers at Oxfam. See previous post for details http://ilkleyoldschool.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/british-fusiliers.html?m=1.

The figures were reasonably painted so I decided to do a paint renovation. This weekend I finished the renovation and basing. I now have a full 24 figure unit plus 8 figures towards a second unit. Fortunately JC has British Fusiliers in his recast range although I am going to have to do a head swap to create standard bearers.




So on to my next unit.  I have recently been able to add 10 Prussian Landwehr Lancers (PN39) and 17 Prussian Dragoons (PN81) courtesy of Iain aka Essex Boy. These are original figures and very nice too.


I paint cavalry in batches of 6 and the first lancers are being cleaned up ready for painting. These figures are crisp and need a little work with a file. 

I am going to paint these as the Lutzow frei korps element of the 6th Uhlans. They have black uniforms and red piping and should look good with a gloss finish.  One thing I am not sure of is if they used black horses but even if they did they might just be a bit too much black.


In other news yesterday I posted some original Hinton Hunt figures to JC to use as masters for his recast range.  These are a mixture of my original figures purchased in the early 70s from the shop in Camden Passage and others I got from Oxfam. The figures sent are:-

AN33 - Hungarian Grenadier firing
FN23 - Old Guard Grenadier Firing
AN 26 Hungarian Infantry Officer marching
AN24 Hungarian Infantry Musketeer charging
WN16 - Polish Fusilier Marching
FN 8 French Infantry of the Line 1812/15 Officer marching
FN 1 French Infantry of the Line 1812/15 Officer Charging -

John recast list has expanded recently and has around 230 recast Hinton Hunt figures listed. It is now possible to create whole armies from his range. 

8 comments:

Stryker said...

Wow mark you really are motoring now! Those Prussian lancers look like exceptional castings, a great find. I look forwarding to seeing your forces grow and grow.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Your fusiliers are wonderful! Looking very forward to seeing the finished uhlans too.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Wellington Man said...

Mark, those fusiliers are splendid.

I'm also very tempted by the idea of Lutzow lancers!

lewisgunner said...

With this number of armies in preparation. Perhaps we should hold a convention, somewhere, sometime?
Roy

Mark Dudley said...

The Oxfam windfall has certainly helped me along the way. I hope to have enough for a small game of Muskets and Marshals soon.

Mark Dudley said...

I had not intended on collecting British but with these Fusiliers , and a bunch of Garrison and Les Higgins figures recently given to me, my plans are changing.

Mark Dudley said...

There is something about black uniforms with red facing.

Mark Dudley said...

That sounds interesting. I would be interested. Although I would have to get more figures painted.