Saturday 4 March 2017

Hinton Hunt AN 102 - Renovation

I seem to have been bitten by the 20mm Napoleonic bug after finding my old figures.  I decided to try a bit of renovation on a mounted Austrian Officer with map HH code AN 102). I had painted this figure over 40 years ago and my painting was rudimentary at best. 


To remove the paint I used Dettol, although bleach also works. I left the figure for 24 hours before cleaning up using an old toothbrush. If using bleach then the full strength variety and leave about 8 hours. On both cases you must wear rubber clothes  gloves.


The figure once cleaned up showed up the true detail which was masked by my the thick coats of enamel paint. The figure is absolutely gorgeous and is crying out to be painted.



The figure is now on the painting table and I will post a picture of the finished figure in the next day or so.







4 comments:

Benjamin of Wight said...

Rubber Clothes?!?

Mark Dudley said...

You can never be too well protected.

I have corrected the typo.

Thanks

Mark

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Never thought of bleach, I've always used paint stripper, it does what it says on the tin.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Jim

I got the idea fir bleach here

http://hintonhunt.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/taking-dip.html?m=1