Tuesday 22 September 2015

Spencer Smith Saxons


I recently picked up some painted SSM figures from a fellow AMG member. They included some which were painted up as a French infantry unit however needed a bit of TLC.

I have applied some paint and they have been transformed into the Saxon Regiment Konigen circa 1740-45. The Saxon army during this period have trousers in the same facing colours which makes them rather natty.

Here are some before and after photos


And after 





To finish this 30 figure unit I will complete with Gilder style basing and some flags from Maverick.



6 comments:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Afternoon Mark,
The earlier Saxon uniforms were much prettier I think.
I have struggled in the past to paint Spencer Smiths, but you seem to have done them justice. They look very good.
Robbie.

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

That Spencer Smith figure is one of my all time favourite wargaming figures , Tony

Wellington Man said...

Wonderful! Now that's what proper wargame figures look like!

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Nice repaint, can't wait to see them finished.

tidders said...

Nice work on the Spencer Smiths.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Spencer Smiths AND Saxons??? Be still my heart!

Best Regards,

Stokes