Wednesday 11 September 2013

Well that Summer went quickly

It's been a while since I posted anything. This post is also my first using the Blogger App on my IPhone. Not every Old School I know.

June was spent finishing off and article and pictures for the Wargamers Annual 2014 titled "Casting Away". The article is about how I got started gaming, casting Prince August figures at home and my Imagination Armies.

I have also been to Partizan with my 7 year old son. He spent most the time playing games and really enjoyed playing Dead Man's Hand cowboy rules by Great  Escape Games. So much so I ended I up buying a copy to use with some old 54mm Timo cowboy figures I had when I was a lad.

The game that grabbed my attention was   Aly Morrisons Hook Farm game using the     Little Briton range available from Spencer Smith.




3 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

Wasn't at the show but have been following the game on Lead Adv.It is amazing and so inspirational.

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Yes, Aly has been very naughty bringing these figures out.

They are very tempting but I'm trying to downsize my collection.

I must resist, I must resist.

Mosstrooper said...

Sadly I missed this show - been on holiday , Love the look of the Hooks Farm game - VERY tempted by the figures !