Friday 27 September 2013

Miniature Warfare

You can tell the age of tree by counting its rings. For a wargamer it's a bit harder. For me I know I was gaming by August 1969 because I still have the first magazine I bought from Teddington Model Supplies.


And a closer look at the date.


The next issue had one of my favourite covers and certainly helped kick of my ACW Airfix collection.


With adverts like this it was not long before I ventured North of the River buy Hinton Hunt figures from Camden Passage near the Angel Islington.


I am now going to browse through my collection of Miniature Warfare mags whilst sipping a glass or two of fizz.

Breaking news - today I bought 267 Spencer Smith original plastic figures on eBay. Looks like my Plattville project is back on

3 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

I think I might have a copy of that magazine in my loft. If not certainly very close to it.

Well done on picking up some Spencer Smiths on eBay. I have over 500 but are all metal.

tradgardmastare said...

I started the hobby by making kits,playing with my airfix 20mm and painting 54mm figures such as those by Rose miniatures.I got "fed up" as a boy painting figs and just looking at them.So my first mags were Military Modeling,Airfix magazine etc.All sadly gone thru moves and down sizing now.
Hope you enjoyed the magazine and the fizz...

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose you could post scans of the covers of the various issues?

Pete