Sunday 23 May 2010

And for something different.

I have been toying with the idea of getting some 30mm Flats ftrom Germany. The range of figures is huge and then quality looks fantastic. They are probably going to be hard to paint and I not sure wheter they will work for wargaming. I am going to get a few next week from  


Probably get some SYW and FPW to start with. 

Anyway thought I would see how flats would look and made a few paper ones over the weekend. These are lots of figures avaialble from  http://www.juniorgeneral.org/

I downloaded a few and played around with them in paint and resized to 35mm.  Here are some French Infantry. This is a quick and easy way to build an army and something I can do with my 4 year old son. One of the advantages is that  once ytou have the master it easy to get units with different facings or uniform colours done.


2 comments:

Pjotr said...

Mark,

For manufacturers of flats, best google Zinnfiguren, but I guess you already knew that. Then you find some gamers and collectors to. Many of them seem to be either French or German. Seems logical as the current manufacturers are mostly stationed in France or Germany. By the way google "plats d'étain" in french.
For some 7YW "flat" inspiration, you might want to check out this blog:
http://crogges7ywarmies.blogspot.com/

Pjotr
http://nyudrevchronicles.blogspot.com/

Snickering Corpses said...

Nicely done on the paper flats! I have been tempted to use them as temporary troops myself at times. My skill with scissors is somewhat risky, though.